Speedo recalibrate-gears

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 11:50:47 EST

Ok, I figure according to that equation that I'm gonna need a 28-tooth speedo
gear on my '96 to recalibrate properly when I go to 33" tires. I think that
the stock gear is 33-tooth.

I just called the Dodge dealer and they said the smallest gear available is
30-tooth!
Crap! Am I just plain outta luck here? I went ahead and ordered the 30-tooth
gear ($9.90), I figure 30 is closer to 28 than 33, but it'll still be off a
bit! I wonder how much? OR is there anything else I can do to get the correct
speedo reading, besides mounting a bike computer to the steering wheel?

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4.... LIFT IN PROGRESS!!!!!