Re:

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 21:32:10 EST

Gilbert,

I don't think you can get a "check engine" from the catalytic converter
- I'm trying to remember, but I think the O-2 sensor is the last thing
in the exhaust path, and it's in front of the catalytic converter.

However, I have a '97 and the catalytic converter is (dealer's words)
"internally broken and partially blocked". They said it's good for a
$400 repair. I said it's time for an aftermarket (free-flowing)
catalytic converter. Dynomax, here I come...

Kurt