Re: Durango/Dakota Q-forms

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 22:00:25 EST

Dave,

Having run down this particular path before, I'd suggest that you talk
with your local (better) car-stereo shop before you buy these things.
(a) the Durango kickpanels are definately different, (b) the Q-forms are
OK if you put a smaller speaker into them but they are not very solidly
built. They also are usually not large enough for a 6.5" woofer.

The stereo shop can build a set of custom fiberglass kick-panel for not
much more than the Q-Forms, and the quality can be -very- good and
-very- solid.

I finally gave up on Q-Forms for my wife's 4Runner, and made the
fiberglass baffles myself, and am in the process of doing the same for
my Dak now. (darn job keeps getting in the way of my fun, though.)

Kurt