Re: '97 OE Computer

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 22:47:00 EST

At 07:45 PM 11/16/99 EST, you wrote:
>How much was that scanner? At school, we have a snap on scanner. it does
>IAS motor resets, but you can't adjust a damn thing. What's up with that?
>How does dodge program these computers?

The Actron III with the generic OBD-II cartridge and cable cost about $630 CDN
(including 15% in GST and provincial sales tax).

I've been trying to get some detailed information on the Snap-On scanner and
its cost.

As far as I can tell, the Dodge computers do not use a flash chip or a
EPROM so just replacing a chip or flashing a program into the computer
is not easy for a do-it-yourselfer. It is also probably one of the most
encrypted computers on the market, plus Dodge tends to make a few changes
from year model to year model as well.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.