Flying Dakota

From: DEAN HYDE (rdhyde@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 03:29:12 EST

Bad news guys....Dak's don't fly.....Being a Firefighter you get to see
some crazy stuff....but this kinda hit kinda funny. Tonight we got a
call to an MVA and when we arrived on scene..we found what appeared to
be a truck down about 30 feet andprobably another 60 feet from the roads
edge. It was a corner and i guess the guy thought that he could just
fly down the embankment to the highway below....ooops. I guess thats
where being a drunken college student really kicks in. Needless to say
he got sideways in the corner probably doing near 100km...thats 60 mph
for those americans out there...on a corner rated for 30km...about
15mph. Took out the fence below at the local gravel quarry and landed
his brand new...2000 Dakota 4X4 right in the back of a dumptruck. Don't
try this at home...i didn't hardly recognize what type of truck it was
till i saw the exploded steering wheel and the ram logo was in my
face...airbag saved him...so did his seatbelt...he will live fine but
wont probably ever drive again.

Moral of the story...once again...Don't drink and drive...i don't want
to meet any of you that way.....and also..Dak's Don't Fly.

Dean
99 White V6 4X4 Sport CC
Westbank, B.C.