2WD Winter tire questions(non Dak)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 16:24:52 EST

This message really is not Dak related, but I would appreaciate all/any help
you can send my way. Email me privately if wanted. I need some help from you
2WD folks out there concerning tires on 2WD pickups. I have always run all
terrain tires on my 4WD Dak, but I want to get my girlfriend some good tires
for her truck(97 Ranger, cough cough) for the winter and have no clue what
would be good. Of course, I would just slap on AT's on her truck, but not
sure that would be the best route. We live in the Chicagoland area and I she
drives about 45 minutes to work, so the winters are bad here. She still has
the factory tires(dont know what kind) on her truck, which do suck in the
rain and her truck slides pretty good anyways. So what would be the best
tire to do with, a specific snow tire or an all terrain tire?? I am willing
to spend some cash here, just as long as they are good tires and will work
great in the snow and make her more safe on the roads. Thanks for any and
all help.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6