Re: Catco cat

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 17:39:39 EST

> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:09:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mike Sype <blue98dakota@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Catco cat
>
> Alan, did you stay with the stock pipe size or did you
> move up to 2-3/4 or 3" with the cat. The reason I
> wan't to change the cat is for more flow due to the
> increase in inlet/outlet size.
>
> Mike Sype

I stayed with the stock size, I just made sure there were no machine
bent pipes at all. Full mandrel bends from front to back.
The headers and downpipes are Mopar and the catback is a Gibson single
out (like stock). The Catco is a bit shorter than the stock cat, so I
had a new pipe put between the cat and the catback. All the joints are
welded, from the downpipes back.
The word on 3" is it kills your low end, so I would stick with the stock
diameter.
                           Alan S.