Re: Ever had one of those days......AGAIN, DEJA VU!!!

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 20:37:49 EST

Ed,
   That's one of the reasons why I went and found a desk job. I drove a
wrecker for 13+ years. Did repo's, tresspass towing, police rotation and
auto clubs. Got hit twice on the highway. Once was when I was on the right
shoulder loading a disabled car onto the back of a flatbed. I walked around
to the right side of the truck to grab a chain out of the toolbox and this
drunken asshole slams the car sending it through the head rack of the bed
and rolling his car over. Pisser was, the highway was 5 lanes wide with
shoulders and we were the only ones on the road that night. I guess the
flashing amber lights distracted him. The other time I was waiting on the
shoulder with the strobes on at an accident scene and this buthead who
didn't want to wait in traffic comes blowing down the shoulder slamming into
me, sending me into the state police cruiser parked in front of me. I did
the same thing you did, smashing out the rear window of the truck with my
head. Hurt like a mother for a couple of days. Completely wiped out the
wheel lift and did a fair amount of damage to the wrecker body. They got to
hit you pretty damn hard to damage a wrecker.

Hope your all right and the boss better have given you the rest of the day
off.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM