Re: Re: Gear ratios and ignition ring

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 00:37:27 EST

There, there. I didn't know much to start with either. Actually, I still don't know much. I do know though that even your crappy chebbys had a gear ratio. ;)
The little ring glows green after you shut off your ignition for a few minutes. Actually, I think it glows while you're running too, but I never look at it then. If yours isn't doing that, take it too the dealership and whine and they will fix it under warrantee. You must be still under warrantee? It will be a very simple electrical thing, but why should you bother? Or you could not have it glow, but as long as its under warrantee, I say fix everything!
Flip
THough mind you, when my paint started flaking off my bumper, it took almost a year before it occurred to me that I didn't have to put up with that!

Come now! There's no need to get rowdy!

I know nothing "technicall" about cars, and this is my first chrysler,
all my previous crappy (FWD POS) chebbys didnt have all these cool
gizmos!

I was just asking because since I bought it, I've always wondered why it
was clear, and I've never seen it light up.
If the light might be blown, I imagine I have to take apart the plastic
housing on the steering "shaft" right?

And I asked the gear ratio part, because it does affect performance does
it not?

"el guahiro"
a.k.a. JGS

---- End Original Message ----