Re: Tuff-country Lift is here!!!!!!!

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 10:41:14 EST

James buddy, are you back to knocking the Tuff Country
kit?? Listen, I'm glad your happy with the Rancho kit and
you are probably only trying to inform the group, but at
least get your info correct.

>They are not quality springs and
> start to sag about one year after installation.I can't
> recommend these suspension lifts.
> RANCHO SUSPENSION LIFT The Rancho lift is also an
> older lift. The springs are made from U.S steel"

1st of all, as you know from your Rancho kit, there are no
springs involved in the kit. Yeah, Tuff Country has
add-a-leafs, but I didn't even use them on my truck, so
that's a moot point.

>P.S don't take it off
> road cos (because) that voids the T.C warranty.

2nd, about the warranty--Tuff Country has the EXACT
warranty Rancho has. It's a lifetime warranty which is NOT
voided by off-road usage. I called Rancho before I bought
my kit and they stated that they only cover manufacturing
defects, so if you use their kit off road and bend one
their brackets on rocks or have ANY contact, it's NOT
covered. They were very adamant about that. Tuff Country
said that as long as there wasn't any severe abuse they
would cover it no questions asked.

Just as you're happy with your Rancho kit, I'm very
satisfied with my Tuff Country kit and have
tons-o-clearance for my 33" Swampers.

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's