Re: Re: Flex Fan, Vibration and General Install....attn: Bob Hardt

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 16:04:31 EST

>Bob,
>Your discribing exactly the same vibs I'm feeling at the wheel. This
>is a pulsating vibration. Now I'm curious if this is just normal fan
>operation, harmonics?? I called Rod Delia (Tech at Flexalite) and he
>said it was not normal and to send it in. With the radiator mounted
>to the front chassis on rubber, I'm a little surprised you can feel
>anything. I may be overreacting here, but I'd like to be sure. This
>is something I could live with, but do I have to? Hey! another thing
>did you mount your fan diagonal or straight across the middle of the
>radiator?
>Thanks
>
>GS -

GS,

I have the same setup on my 93(since Aug 99). They HAD vibs when the came
on, exactly like yours - pulsating vibrations, and you could feel it in the
steering wheel. They don't do it anymore though(since the first of
Nov).... I didn't touch 'em - guess they fixed themselves???? Anyways, I
think it's just due to the fact that the fans may be just spinning at
slightly different rpms, causing them to be out of phase w/each other,
which, in turn causes the vibes...

Personally, I won't worry too much, but exchange 'em if ya want...

Brian