Re: HID headlights! GP!!

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 16:40:40 EST

>>>I don't know, but to get true HID looks, i think you have to spend a couple
grand to cover over to one. You never know... we have crappy plastic
lenses. the HID cars look like glass or VERY clear plastic. we've been
ripped off! stupid plastic. and they say plastic is plastic.<<<

I picked up a PIAA brochure today and they have the Hyperwhites in there... I don't trust a coated bulb of any kind... been burned a couple times =)
The H4 conversion kit I got has glass lenses, so I'm not concerned about heat or anything.... I just want white headlights. I see ricers with them around... I'll ask them after I spank em'.. hehehehe

-mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html