Re: Best Cat/Muffler Setup

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 16:42:07 EST

I need some serious help here on deciding on some things!
My current setup involves a 3" pipe(I believe) before the cat going into a
3" Inlet/3"Outlet converter, replaced at a local muffler shop. Then a
reducer coupler is used to go from the 3" cat outlet pipe to 2.5" pipe for
the stock muffler. I want to(no questions asked!!) maintain my stock
pipe(2.5") after the muffler and just play with the cat/muffler. The
replacement muffler would be a 3Chamber Flowmaster(Delta Flow Model). I have
two senarios, which would be better:

Why would you wnat to choke the exhaust down where it exits. Either go 3 inch all the way or 2 1/2 all the way
Rob