Re: Goodyear Tires

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 08:48:53 EST

Slakies wrote:

> I have a 2000 Dakota on order and I am trading in my Ram. The Dak will have
> the Goodyear 31 x 10.5 x 75 tires. I have been on the Ram mailing and while
> I was on it hardly anyone had anything decent to say about any of the
> Goodyear tires. I am curious as to the list's experiences with the Goodyear
> 31 x10.5 x 75. Please let me know about handling and expected mileage.
>
> Ron
> Springfield, VA

The Goodyear RT/S tires seem adequate on pavement and in snow. They're
the absolute pits off-road, especially in mud. Norah says they don't
work very well in the rain, either.

The handling is difficult for me to gauge, the suspension bounces too
much over bumps when the bed is empty. Plus, I don't really corner that
quickly in 4x4 trucks. As for mileage, if you're asking miles per
gallon, you can go with their published information, they do those tests
on the factory tires. If you mean how long will the tires last, all I
can say is too darned long, I can't wait to get rid of them. I'm much
happier with the Pirelli Scorpion ATs on the other truck.

Jason