Re: Making it Cooler? Ping

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 18:15:02 EST

In a message dated 11/20/99 9:52:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
msbavior@hotmail.com writes:

<< Anyway, why would they not want me to make the truck cooler?
 Emissions related? And lasty, I want to put headers on the truck, will this
 in turn make the truck run hotter again? >>

Headers will also help aid in your engines overall efficiency to breathe ,
and for the reason , alot of people notice that there mysterious pinging was
cured after they addded headers alone. They're a good worthwhile investment,
offer a tradeoff free horsepower gain, and the only downside to them that I
can think of would be that they're noisey (thin walls unlike heavy cast iron
manifolds, can hear the exhaust)... go with them.

Add a 180 deg thermostat as well. This should cure your problem.

ttyl
Patrick

It is emissions related I'm sure - but a 180 deg thermostat isn't going to
hurt anything.