RE: RE: discrimination against low trucks?!!! (looonnnggg)

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 23:14:56 EST

Get used to it. After the first week I had my truck lowered, I got pulled
over for the tint on my side windows, even though I had it on 3 months prior
to lowering it. The dealer has tried to give me the excuse that lowering it
caused a noise when I made a sharp right turn on an incline. Well after 3
trips to the dealer and actually taking them for a test ride, it was my "cab
isolators", which just came in since they had to order them. Did you get the
truck Professionally lowered? If not, then you might be out of luck. It
might be better to go to the dealer or Midas in person. . . it is a lot
easier for them to get snotty on the phone, then when you are in their face.
As for the noise, I got a rattling after I lowered my truck that only
occurred when I made a sharp right turn. It was my Flowmaster hitting a
driveshaft weight. My muffler shop just heated up the pipes and moved it
over a bit. You gotta find the small shops that actually care about their
customers.

Good luck!

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk
ICQ = 42763370

Hey Steven! I got a question for ya... Is your truck still under warranty,
and is your dealer pretty cool with you? I ask because after I had my truck
lowered, the cab pop started for me too (purely coincidental) and when I
took it in they asked no questions, fixed the prob and admired the
suspension change. I have now met everyone at my dealer and they all think
im nuts (which I am) so we are a big happy family, and im stoked, cause my
service manager told me straight out he will cover warranty issues when I
throw a blower on =D

Later
Jack