RE: 4x4 transfer case trouble

From: Ryan LeBlanc (ryan@ryanandjoellen.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:59:32 EST

Ok, just to clear up my blunder a little. The 1999 Durango Owners Manual
says to shift while rolling 2-3 mph in Neutral. So, that was my mistake. I
read that part, but forgot the part about being in N. Thanks to all for
helping me out!

I just tested it, and it makes a solid cluck, but goes all the way into 4L.
And, no popping out of gear. I guess the clunking is normal.

Ryan LeBlanc
97, CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 5spd, SLT+
99, Durango, 5.9L, 4x4, SLT