Re: Heater core on the way out?

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:42:07 EST

In a message dated 11/23/1999 8:33:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tsawyer@northchurch.net writes:

<< I have a '97 4x4 CC 5Spd Sport+ with AC. When I turn on the heater I can
 smell antifreeze.
 I checked out the engine compartment and can find no leaks. I had the
 dealer pressure test the
 cooling system about 4 months ago and everything was fine (they said)...

 I have about 80k miles on the truck. Is it normal for the heater core to go
 at 80k?

Sounds like athe heater core. Feel the carpet for a damp spot ( lol Not what
it sounds like you pervs). Ive had them go bad with 5000 miles on them so i
say 80 k is good
Rob