Re: Bike computer info

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 23:18:56 EST

I went the wired route. I've no experience with the wireless system, but I
don't see why it wouldn't work. I actually got 2 extra harnesses
(rear-wheel kits) with my computer, I put the stock harness on my mountain
bike, then put the rear-wheel kits on my GoldWing and on my Dak. I just
move the computer from vehicle to vehicle as I see fit (just have to
re-calibrate the computer for the different tire circumferences - easy to
do!).

When I wired it, I ran the wire through the firewall (through one of the
plugs), then ran some extra wire down to the sensor on the brake caliper.
Spliced it all together and it's still working very well (installed it last
June). I put the computer on the little lever that tilts the steering
wheel, very clean installation, can't even see the wire.

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate