Re: My 2 cents on Ted and the Mustang race

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 22:57:14 EST

Some very good points, Pat, BUT..............

How do you explain 13.89 in a 95 5.9 dak, 14.20 in street trim? I don't
think I have more than 300 hp, I run about the same as a mustang and have
way less than 345 hp. The formula does not explain it all, driving
technique, torque, gearing, and traction make a big difference.

I personally dont believe Ted should throw away $300, but under the right
conditions, he might win. The only real drawback is that the 4.6 GT has
already been optimized for straight line performance with the HP available,
Dakotas are far from that.

I have seen cars that should be faster that are not, and cars run very low
ET's with hardly any horsepower. I have also seen Dakotas that are much
faster than they should be. I also have seen some that are dogs, like my 99,
you could beat itwith a horsepower stick and it would not go faster. Its the
whole combination that wins, ask any professional racer.

Mark Kuzia
95 Dak 5.9L, 5-spd, 4.10-SG
13.790 @ 99.42 mph (2.091 60 ft)
99 Dak 5.2L, 5-spd, 3.92-SG