Re: ????ONE Response???? !!!!Lowering!!!!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 01:06:52 EST

Okay. Well, I lowered it, but with western chassis springs and a hanger and
1" block in the rear... I bought 235/60/15 tires instead of the
235/70/15s... I need to take a picture of it.

but from what I've learned from my lowering experience...
Sealed ball joints suck!
it's quite easy
and your ride will be very harsh (non lowerer shocks, stayed with stock)

Anyways.. on the installation note, I could help you out, but with companies.
 They're all about the same... Coil is a coil. I bought my thru Autobahn
and it was 75 bucks for a 97 dakota cc v6. (yes, it can in 5 business days)
As for the rear shackle and hanger mounts. I'd let someone do that, unless
you have:
Air hammer, couple hours (probably 6 hours), right angle grinder, and a LOT
of patience.. Also, hangers are hangers. Unless if the hotkrist kit came
with lower leaf springs, I'd stay away from it (mainly due to $$$) and....
a shackle mount and hanger mount is basically the same thing. probably one
mold for it and it's stamped/cast/forged by one company, then other companies
just put their name on it and sell it. the company APC does that..
-Dester

PS. if you want tips and how tos on lowering, e-mail me back. Guess I'm
number 2?

<< I know there is more than 1 of you that have lowered trucks or knowledge
 about them. I asked a
 question yesterday about lowering and only ONE person responded(Thanx
 Austin)! Whats goin on
 here? Anyways here is the original message: