Re: 99 Dakota -> Dead in the woods!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 15:10:19 EST

> This weekend was the final straw. Me and a friend went deep into the woods
> to bow hunt for deer. Since I have a new truck and he has an old ferd we
> decided to take mine.
> BIG mistake. After hunting all day I got into my truck and turned the key.
> CLICK< CLICK< CLICK - Dead or dying battery. After a 2 hour walk I found
another hunter with jumper cables. Halleluiah!!! I am saved! He drove me
back to my 99 4X4 and hooked up the cables. The engine turned but the damn
thing would not start.
> It seems to turn very fast like it did not have any compression. After 15
> mins of leaving the cables on we tried again. NG. I was finally flat
bedded
> back to the dealership where my truck still sits today. I have some type
of
> short that they can not find.
>
> After 18 visits back to the dealer and a truck that pings like a diesel I
> have almost lost faith in Dodge. I will not babble on since I know that
> their are many Dak owners that have trouble free trucks. Give you truck an
extra tank of high octant gas and be thankful you did not get a lemon like
mine. If I could I will get rid of it in a minute but the amount of $$$ I
would lose would be to great. So far I have had the following replaced :
> Tie rod ends Ball joints Center Link Steering Knuckle rotors ( I bought)
> Door weather striping Wires upper control Arm lower steering column shaft
> front drive shaft. I have used the 4 wheel drive once and have treated the
truck like a baby. I have only owned it 10 months. So if you think you have
troubles be glad your not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear your problems with your Dak. I would say call your local
Chrysler rep and explain to them all of your concerns. worries, and of
course all the problems you have had with it. Daks are great trucks, really
they are and they are even awesome off road performers. Of all the items you
listed above, at 113,700 miles on my Dak, none of those have been replaced
nor are they bad at this time. I have been 4wheelin plenty of time, and I
didnt treat my Dak like a baby, I like to see how tuff it really is in
fact!.....they just dont build em like they used to! Good Luck, dont lose
the faith yet!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6