Re: Ignition choices

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 16:52:30 EST

I'm using the MSD 6a with the stock coil. I called MSD, and their tech said
not to waste $ on a coil, as the factory coil could handle 60,000 volts, way
more than the 6a puts out. He also said I didn't need the 6al with limiter,
as the factory limiter does that job. He was real nice about saving me a few
$, hard to find that kind of honesty in today's cut-throat market. The reason
you can't use platinum plugs is that the hotter & longer spark of the MSD
will melt the platinum tips off the electrodes, sending little bits of
platinum down into your cylinders! I.m using stock Champions for now, will
switch to Splitfires when the time comes. A good set of wires and a brass cap
& rotor will complete the set-up.