Re: Weighed my truck today

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 17:03:56 EST

Checked on the weights of some fullsized trucks because I
thought that sounded heavy, found the results interesting.

BTW--Chevy no longer lists weight on their site (I couldn't
find it again). I got their #'s a while back.

                 Dodge Ford Chevy Toy Tundra
2WD std cab 4150 4107 3890 3839
2WD CC 4721 4388 4190 4133

Just for the heck of it I checked on a 3/4 ton Ram
4X4--Whopping 5717!!

Just thought it was funny that Dodge adds over 600lbs on
their CC and Chevy only added 300. Also Thought it was
strange that Chevy weighs about the same as the Tundra.
Don't know how accurate these numbers are (got them from
Chevy's comparison sight), but hard to believe that a 2WD
Dakota is the same as a Chevy Silverado.
John

--- Ed Halterman <OLZNUT@webtv.net> wrote:
> Well, my curiosity was answered today. Total weght w/ 1/2
> tank of gas,
> 3,960lbs. 2,280lbs on the front, 1680lbs on the rear.
> Bernd, put that
> truck of yours on a diet!! Mine is an 2wd V-6 auto and
> has just about
> every gizmo option on it!!
>
> Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
> '97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's