Re: lowering opinions from G Pinkley

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 00:26:35 EST

You are very right on thise statement and this is what I meant to say..

Unless the Hotchkis kit offers new leaf springs (not dearched or mono leafed)
then shackles and hangers would be fine. a ton better than blocks or mono
leafing.. I meant to say that a kit with a tuned leaf spring would be worth
it, but it you're being offered shackles and hangers in the kit, then I
wouldn't pay too much extra for the brand name...
-Dester

<< >"unless if the hotkrist kit came with lower leaf springs, I'd stay away
 from it (mainly due to $$$)"

 The 'Hotchkis' rear drop for the 97+ Dakotas is performed with engineered
 leaf springs, not just de-arched stockers. They typically consist of a main
 pack, with an overload leaf to assist when you add some load to the bed.
 For the dakotas, we also designed a new shorter bump stop to allow a little
 more suspension travel

>"a shackle mount and hanger mount is basically the same thing. "

 No, not really. All a shackle and hanger do is relocate the leaf spring up
 in the truck, merely dropping it. By palying with the leaf springs, we get
 to retune the handling. A factory leaf spring is designed with the stock tr
 avel in mind and may bottom out without frame modifications. For warranty
 and in some states, DOT concerns, we DO NOT recommend C-Notching your frame.
 Another point, It's real easy to return to stock height. Sometimes the shop
 might destroy the original hangers when chiseling them off your frame. >>