RE: RE: Larger Oil Filter: Fram bites...

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 01:28:18 EST

Amen! I sold my Toyota with 204500 miles on it and all it ever had was dino
juice. Compression was still at factory spec on all cylinders, and it didn't
burn any a drop of oil. Shifted at 4K+ on every shift (usually near 5K), and
drove it very hard.

I am running Mobil 1 in the Dak, but that's just to be extra sure this
engine makes it as far as the Toyota did.

Oh and BTW, that Toyota never saw a filter other than a Fram, so they can't
be all that bad. Maybe not the best on the market, but certainly up to the
job on a stock engine, even in dusty conditions.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker.

<snip>
180K miles on an engine that was run on DINO oil. (No excessive wear, no
cylinder wall scarring, and all of the bearings looked perfect.) Synthetic
isn't the "Wonder Cure" for a long lasting engine...regular maintenance is.
<unsnip>