Re: Aluminum heads and crate motor

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 23:03:58 EST

At 10:31 PM 11/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip>
> The second interesting thing was this: "MPP also has many different
>aluminum heads, from aluminum Magnums and aluminum Commandos to
>W5s and W9s, that offer many more advantages in power." ???? This is
>the first I've ever heard of an aluminum head for the Magnum! I don't
>recall seeing it in the catalog, so either they're under development,
>or they're new. I'm afraid to ask what the price is gonna be though!

Haven't received my copy yet. The only aluminum head that I know of
is the one made by Edelbrock and it's for the LA 318/340/360 family.

I get kind of confused when I'm reading MPP because MPP seems to
use 'Magnum' loosely and, sometimes, I can't distinguish if they
are talking about the old or the new, even though I read it over
a few times. Maybe, MP has worked out a deal with Edelbrock?
Edelbrock did extensively rely on the older, original specs and hired
a well-known mopar drag racer as a consultant when they began
designing their Performer RPM heads for the LA family.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.