AC Compressor question.

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 22:01:56 EST

Quick tech question:

My brother bought my '95 SLT V8 Dakota from me about 10 months ago.
He now has it up to 118k miles, and the AC clutch will not engage.

I had the clutch replaced about 30k ago, and figured it must have
taken a dump again.

I removed the connector near the compressor, and put a volt/ohm meter
on it. When you hit the AC button, OR go to defrost, nothing happens.
No continuity, no voltage, NADA.

We checked all of the fuses in the fuse panel under the dash, and
'visually' looked at the relays in the place next to the battery.
My last A/C clutch was replaced because 2 out of 3 contact points
on the pulley were broken... You'd hear the clutch engage, it just
wouldn't disengage. So I replaced it.

HELP!

Thanks,

Sam '00 RT