Re: DML Digest V4 #1225

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 01:36:59 EST

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 00:00:50 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:55:10 PST
>From: "Frank Johnson" <frankwjohnson@hotmail.com>
>Subject: DML: Tow hooks???
>
>Has anyone installed any tow hooks on their Daks yet?
>I heard from one of the Ram guys that the ones available from the dealer are
>expensive (like $130-$200 US) and you have to drill through the frame, and
>put holes through the front bumper molding to install them. I was looking
>for something a little simpler to install but i'm not sure there another
>option?

        There really are no other options. I did mine about 2 years
ago, Mopar issue, no problems since, work great. I did a full write up
for the list, hit the archives and find it.

>But i also saw a product that you slip into the receiving hitch, and
>basically it's a big metal loop. But is this option as bolting tow hooks to
>the frame?
>Start throwing the opinions ou everyone.

I have one of those too. It's for the trailer hitch, works pretty
good. I just make sure I'm pulling straight on with this deal, not at
an angle.

                Steve, 30
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....