RE: mileage

From: buckinghammk@nctsdg.navy.mil
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 15:58:18 EST

I agree..also, short trips (less than 150 miles) does not yield an accurate
highway MPG. I would submit the best way, IMHO, would be to fill your tank
drive until your about to run out of gas....then fill it again.....
Then do the math. :) I would probably bet your not getting no more than 23.
At your 125 miles, if you burned 5.5 gallons of gas, that would
yield 22 MPG. (22.7 to be exact, is why I suspect you got 23)
So that .5 then can be called into
question, the innacuracies of the pump and so forth
probably yielded that .5 in error.

Michael