some wierd sightings!!!!!

From: Gregg S Grisham (gsg@u.arizona.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 17:06:38 EST

I remember some time back somebody posted a link to the spanish dodge site
wth pics of the ramcharger. I have to say that they are even more impressive
in person. I live in tucson Az, not far from the us, mexico border. many
people come up to tucson from mexico to shop. At the mall the other day I
couldnt believe what I saw in my rear view mirror. they are some great
looking trucks and I still want to know why they dont sell them here. Since
then I have seen several more on the streets of tucson, all with mexican
plates.
    Annother unusual sighting, and the dak content was yesterday, sunday, as
I was on my way back from phoenix I was in the middle lane of the freeway
and heard a siren comming from behind and to the left. I looked over just in
time to see a green cc late modle 4x4 dak fly by the siren was comming from
the dak, and its headlights and tail lights were flashing like an unmarked
cop car. I know the highway patrol uses blazers and bronkos, and that
Phoenix police use toyotas for motorist assistance, but there were no
markings on this truck. anybody know if it may be from the border patrole,
or park service? there were no external lights and he was going too fast for
me to notice too much. Or could this just have been somebody who found a
good way to clear a lane when he is in a hurry?
    any way just some odd things I have seen lately. Also what is the
purpose of the S bolt? I have heard a lot of talk about these, but mever
heard why they are used.
gregg