Re: Edelbrock Performer RPM

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 16:08:02 EST

At 05:27 PM 11/27/99 EST, you wrote:
>Is there any low end torque loss, or velocity loss if put on a mild engine
>like mine? I got headers, R+D TB, intake and cat-back.

My guess is that low end torque will be lost. The 340 that Edelbrock
used as a test engine was a high reving engine and most of its internal
parts were close to racing parts quality. The Magnum 318 internals
are set up for low end grunt (being in a truck application).

In any case, the Performer RPM is for the LA engine family and I don't
think that it will work directly in the Magnums.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.