Re: Header improvements on Track

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 16:08:13 EST

At 12:16 PM 11/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip>
>I was thinking of the Doug Thorley headers with the crossover
>pipe for my 96 with 3.55 gears, but if it isn't the significant
>of a gain, I may be better off with a gear swap instead when I do
>the sure-grip installation. If you can, let me know the brand,
>style, cost, and performance gain felt. <snip>

Mopar (Mike Leach) headers, about $425 U.S. (DML group buy),
0.15 to 0.20 sec. ET improvement. A bit of low end torque
is lost and the power band is moved up a few hundred rpms.

One dynoed '97 had the peak torque rpm moved from the stock 4000 rpm
to 4500 rpm.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.