Re: which to buy?

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 16:52:21 EST

I owned a '92 4-banger 2WD Dak for several years in snow country (Buffalo)
and it did fine with the back end weighted down for traction. My only
complaint was the lack of power for acceleration and just about everything
else (running the defroster and cruising at 65mph just about taxed the engine
for all it could muster!) but it got great mileage (about 28mpg or so)...

for power, go with the 6er. For raw economy, a 4-banger is your truck. They
both can handle snow no prob.

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, Brush guard w/ Hellas, Tow
hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine 6-disc CD
Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris roof rack,
custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the passenger seat.
84,000+ miles.