RE: RE: RE: 4.7L Vs. 5.2L Ohhh Nooo. (Was - My Po'boy Pics)

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 16:55:53 EST

Is this 4.7L a regular cab?

-----Original Message-----
From: Barret, Matt [mailto:MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 3:53 PM
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: DML: RE: RE: 4.7L Vs. 5.2L Ohhh Nooo. (Was - My Po'boy Pics)

Michael
dohhhhh, not again!!!! here we gooooooooooooooooooo!!!
The 4.7L definitely is a screamer, I mean my personal experience was in
stock trim the truck ran 15.13, and now with just a K&N filter and traction
bars the thing run 14.80's with radial Goodfora year tires!! A buddy of
mine has a '97 318 truck optioned just like mine with a computer, dual exh.,
bfg tires, pulleys, k&n, traction bars, Jacobs ignition and the best he ever
did was 14.9!!
So, unless my buddy can't drive worth a lick, which I know he CAN, the 4.7L
has an advantage, yes the 360 maybe stronger and bigger etc... but no Manual
Trans is available so you are back to the smaller v-8. My 2 cents!
Matt