Cold Engine Starts

From: Roderic Vaughan (Rodeaux@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 23:21:18 EST

I would check the IAC motor in the rear of the throttle body it may have
some carbon on it and be sticking when cold. Just take it off and clean with
a good carburator cleaner.
Hope this helps

Roderic
98 4x4 CC 5.2L

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:55:51 -0600
From: Kurt Swanson <kswanson@peerenvironmental.com>
Subject: RE: DML: Cold Engine Starts

Here's one for you guys! My 97 5.2L doesn't want to start in the cold
anymore! It takes three or four tries to get it to turn over and then if I
don't keep feeding it gas it dies! (Reminiscent of the days when vehicles
had chokes!) Once the temp guage moves off of cold, the truck runs and
drives great! Oh yeah, outside temp has been right around 25-30 degrees
farenheit and expected to get much colder! Any suggestions?

TIA

Kurt