Re: hypertech or electric fan?

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 23:32:11 EST

With crank pulley only, no driveability problems.. crank pulley $55, belt
$15ish.. Hayden 3710 16" fan.. ~$100, relay ~$20..

true the hypertech will probably net more HP, but IMHO, I'd rather net a few
less HP with the fan/pulley and gain mpg...

FWIW, the MP computer and fan/pulley mods registered roughly the same as per
the buttdyno.. I can dig up dyno graphs of fan/pulley mod if anyone is
really interested, next time I go to the dyno I'll swap in the stock
computer a few days before hand to find the diff. there....
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.4@88.95
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ