Water Pump failure @ 52K?

From: Ramsport96@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 04:39:05 EST

hey yall..i just got in tonight and i stopped to check my mail and when i got
out of the truck i smelled antifreeze..surely it can't be from MY truck? so i
get back in and see the needle climbin.. i pull in the driveway to see
coolant leakin down from the very bottom of the water pump, no other leaks
anywhere else. Can this be a water pump or am i just not lookin in the right
place? the weather was cool, i was drivin the speed limit..no other
showstoppers I know of that would lead to it leakin...
anyone have an idea how much a new pump cost?
I have an extended warranty as well..maybe it's covered..
anyway here are the stats.
318/ 5speed/ 3.92 SG
reg. cab dakota a/c power everything.
any help would be appreciated..