Re: fuel economy

From: Remy Saville (remy@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:27:38 EST

> When was the last time you gave it a tuneup? plugs/wires/cap n rotor..
> fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve.. etc etc

I'd say its probably getting close to two years now since my last tune
up, but I've changed the air filter since then. I checked my plugs
myself and they looked like my Haynes manual said would be alright (I'm
pretty green when it comes to mechanics so I could be wrong).

What are people's thoughts on K&N filters or Jacobs ignition packs for
the sole purpose of increased fuel economy.

Do different really plugs matter? I'm mostly talking about fancy $10
per plug triple-ultra-platnum-dual split etc vs standard ones?

> if you want to go better than stock mileage, get an electric fan and
> underdrive crank pulley, etc..

Does somebody have FAQ on their web page about these things? I've
really got too many questions, and I'm kind of embarressed about asking
them all :)

What does an electric fan and underdrive crank pulley do, and what are
their prices?

What tire presure should I go for? I've been running about 30lbs.

How about when I encounter snow? I've never really driven in snow, this
will be my first winter really in it. What tire presure then?

--
Get paid to surf the net!
Earn a minimum 50¢ (US) per hour your web browser is open!