Re: Where to mail order tires?

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 14:11:09 EST

Jason, I ordered my Swampers through Desert Rat. Always
have had good luck with them on my numerous other orders.
I'm in CA and they're just far enough (AZ) to get out of
paying sales tax, but close enough that it only takes a
couple days to get things from them. Only charged me
$15/tire in shipping. The other places me be closer to you
though.
John

--- Jason Bleazard <jbleazard@home.com> wrote:
> So, it looks like I'm going to be mail ordering a set of
> tires. I'm
> getting Interco Super Swampers, which the Tire Rack
> doesn't carry, so
> they aren't an option.
>
> I'm looking at the following three stores:
>
> National Tire and Wheel (http://www.natltire.com)
> Tyres International (http://www.tyres1.com)
> Desert Rat Offroad Centers (http://www.desertrat.com)
>
> Anyone have any experience with any of these shops, or
> know any reason
> to chose one over the other?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's