winter mods(kinda long)

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 02:48:28 EST

With winter coming it's time for me to switch to my FWD vehicles, putting
the DAK in sleep mode for a while. While she's sitting out the winter I'm
thinking of making some changes. So I have a few questions. First off I'm
pretty sure I'm gonna go to a quieter exhaust. I was wondering if anyone
knows or knows where I can compare flow characteristics of different size
pipes, I'm currently running dual 2 1/4 and would like to go to 3" for
several reasons. A) it's lighter B) it's less complicated. I've been
running flowmasters and I'm looking for less noise, Does anyone know of a
muffler that flows as well but is nice and quiet?(sorry but I'm starting to
get old)
Second batch of questions is for those thar have done cam swaps on 97+ daks.
How bad was the Job and is there anywhere I should be aware of as far as
leaks and such? And has anyone noticed signifigant valve train noise from
switching to a high lift cam? And last but certainly not least, How much
lift and duration has been run without having the computer go nuts, keep in
mind that I'm probably gonna have to go to the MP comp for it's higher rev
limiter. I don't have a problem with a slightly rough idle as long as it
pays off in the end, any suggestions?
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1