Re: NEED HELP FAST

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 10:03:09 EST

Hey, Thanks a bunch for all the replies to my plea for help. I think Rob
and Dester have the right approach (Don't say nufin!). Basically that's
what I did, took em for a ride and said "It sounds like BJ's to me, what
do you think?" They've since told me it's not the BJ's. He said they've
drivin it a couple times and "can't get it to make the noise" Well, the
original mechanic heard it and he's stickin' with me on it so I'm not to
worried about them givin' me the ol "cannot duplicate". I'll just let em
figure it out on their own. I'm just worried about my baby! It's like my
newborn son got left at the daycare overnight or something! hehe. They
gave me an intrepid to drive so I'll be alright for a little while!

Thanks,
Nate.

>In a message dated 12/01/1999 2:32:42 AM !!!First Boot!!!,
>Dester223@aol.com
>writes:
>
><< Tell them you have "front end noise" don't try to narrow it down for
>them. >>
>

>Dude word of advice. Dont say SH*T. let them find the problem. Just tell
>them
>there is a bang, squeal or whatever in the front part of the truck. I
>used to
>have customers come in a d say its the radiator i want it replaced. We
>replaced it to find out it was something different.people would get bent
>but
>i would say you told us it was the radiator and you want it replaced.
>Let them deal with it . let it be their responsability niot yours. Tis
>way
>you just take the guy for a ride and point out the problem when/if it
>does it
>Rob

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"