Idle surging and tip-in hesitation? Any ideas?

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 09:41:51 EST

I have an odd problem that baffles me, My 95 360 Dakota has a short
hesitation when you first press the gas pedal, about 1/2 second, not really
a big problem, but when the power does kick in, my tires usaully go up in
smoke. Not real smooth when I'm around cops and my neighbors think I'm an
a**hole.

The other problem is a surging of the idle, usually about 100 rpm max.

Does this mean I have a bad sensor? Anyone think that I should replace any
sensors? My current suspect is the TPS and O2 sensor, any idea? Oh, I did
have it scanned and it came up normal.

Mark Kuzia
95 Dak 5.9L, 5-spd, 4.10-SG
13.790 @ 99.42 mph (2.091 60 ft)