Po'boy, what it is (Was:NEED HELP FAST)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:07:26 EST

No such thing as a dumb question! I'm full of em everyday! hehe

K&N and a few other manufacturers out there sell cold air kits that
basically replace your stock air intake with a much straighter/smoother
intake and a much better flowing air filter (i.e. K&N). These kits help
out your fuel economy a little (so far about a .5 MPG raise for me but I'm
gonna retest soon after my computer gets a chance to get used to the mod.
and that number will hopefully go up a little) and gives you a little more
horsepower. These kits usually run in the 200 to 300 dollar range! For
about 55-60 bones, including the 50 dollar K&N cone filter) you can make
one yourself and it looks quite nice (Hence the term Po'boy or Poor boy)!
Basically it's fabbed out of 3" ABS sewer pipe, Some black paint, some ABS
glue, and that's about it. I made mine in an afternoon. You can see pics
of mine on my profile on the DML at:

http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/Cko4uL6coqQqQ/profile.htm

If you've got any more questions about how to make one, K&N part number
for the filter, etc. or want to see more pics feel free to ask.

Nate.

>Nate, can I ask a dumb question? whats a Po'Boy cold air?
>
>>>, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
>>>"D2K"

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"