Re: Car Amp Specs/Help

From: Dan Jones (amishpimp93@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 01:53:44 EST

The lower the ohm, the less resistance in the speaker or amp, more power can
be applied. A lot of amps are rated 4 ohm but can be bridged to a 2 ohm
load, that is if they are stable at it. So basically you have to bridge the
amp in order to get that 35watts and if you don't have it bridged, you get
30watts. When you bridge it, you have to run everything in parallel with
the speakers. You can go with a more high powered amp than that if you
want. The peak is where the speaker will start to make some distortion
before it reaches its max wattage which might be about 175 er so. Basically
to put it, at 2 ohms, thiers less resistance and more power. I have a mtx
752 powering 2 12" JL subs in the back of my 97' Dakota and i have the amp
bridged and things are running a lot more clear and powerful.