Re: my website won an award

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 01:30:01 EST

I got a notice that I won an award too. My website is not what I would
call "Award Winning", it's really very basic. I just made it for this
list, so there would be a reference point, when I post. I looked at the
award thing as some sort of spam. They want you to make a link to their
site. I also got an e-mail from a company called carparts.com, they also
want me to put a link to their site. At least they offered to pay me a
commission, if anyone buys parts from them, after linking from my site.
I didn't go for that, because they said they had looked at my site, and
thought my "customers" would be interested in their site. Well if they
had looked at my site, they would know I am not selling anything, so I
don't have "customers". I wonder how many of us with sites on the Dakota
Web Ring got one, or both of these. Comments?

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO
Click below to visit my webpage