RE: Power locks

From: Eng, Kenneth (Kenneth.Eng@dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:36:39 EST

In the owners manual for my 98 CC, the only way to activate or deactivate
the automatic locking of the doors and the honking of the horn when locking
the door is by taking it to the dealer to program. There was no writeup of
doing this yourself. For the 98 models these 2 features are shipped
disabled as mine were. For me this procedure took less than 5 minutes and
was done free of charge no appointment necessary.

Ken