Re: NEED HELP FAST (Got it back)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:56:58 EST

Ok all, thanks for the help! I got my truck back yesterday evening and
they said they fixed it (yeah right). I think they got sick of screwing
with it so they came up with a bogus problem/fix. the original clunk is
still there. They said that my middle skid plate was hitting against
something else (didn't tell me what) when I hit a good bump! OH MY GOD!
First of all, these skid plates are about the biggest rip off I've ever
seen (there plastic). And I know for a fact that my plastic skid plate is
a little firmer than cardboard! Anyway, there fix was to put some foam
rubber between the plate and the "thing" it was hitting so it wouldn't
make any noise! I think there FULL OF DOODOO! I haven't gotten a chance
to actually roll around on the ground to see what the hell they did but
I'm sure it's freaky! The original clunk is still there so I'm not sure
what to do! I'm sick of putting my truck in the shop! I think I'll just
let it go for awhile until it gets worse and REALLY obvious then take it
back in again. (That steering knuckle thing sounds interesting, I'm gonna
have to research it.)

Thanks,
Nate.

BTW - Where is the Durango club site?

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"