Re: Rear Suspension Redu

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 12:41:57 EST

In a message dated 12/2/99 12:11:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fosterjohn@webtv.net writes:

> For a while I've been thinking about a new way to improve the ride and
> handling without sacrificing load carrying ability. Has anyone
> considered a single leaf with air bladders or ladder bars with coil
> springs ect. ect. I would like to hook up well, soften the rear
> suspension and still carry heavy loads. I think all the components are
> available it's just finding the right combination. I also am not
> intending to lower the truck (maybe level it).
>From what I've heard, mono leafs ride quite rough and aren't worth it. Ladder
bars seems like the way to go for you. You'll also have an adjustable ride
height, you might like the 'level' look. I've considered bagging mine too but
it comes down to the money. Good kits aren't cheap, saying stay away from AIM
here.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2