Shift Knob

From: mmuegge@okstate.edu
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:10:42 EST

DMLer's,

I have a 97 CC Sport V6 auto and the shifter on the column has a button on
the end to disable overdrive. The problem I'm having is that the knob on
the end of the shifter is cracked in a couple places at the base and it
comes off pretty easily which pulls the wires for the overdrive shutoff out
a little bit more each time. Any of you guys had this happen? I'm
concerned that eventually this issue will mess up my overdrive shutoff. I
tried superglue-ing the knob back on and that worked for a couple months
but now its back like it was. Anyone have any ideas for fixing this
problem cheaply? Are there aftermarket knobs that accomodate the overdrive
shutoff button? Maybe something in a billet or wood flavor? I'm afraid
I'm gonna hafta go back to the dealer I bought the truck from and get
something taken care of. I bought the truck used and If I'm reading my
extended warranty info correctly they arent going to replace that knob on
their dime. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Mueggenborg
www.ionet.net/~mmuegge_osu